M any studies have shown that people who spend time volunteering are not only helping others but leading longer and healthier lives as well. As little as one hour a week could make the world of difference in a senior’s life.
SVCOA currently has a variety of different volunteering opportunities which include:
- SHIP (health insurance counseling including Medicare D)
- Meal Drivers
- Money Management Program volunteers
- Event (Group Project) Volunteering
- Case Management Assistance
- Office/internship opportunities
- Friendly Visitor Program
Please refer to SVCOA’s Volunteer Manual for more information on our volunteer opportunities.
To learn how to become a volunteer with SVCOA, please contact the Council’s Volunteer Coordinator at 1-802-786-5990 for more information or fill out the ‘Volunteer Information Form’ under ‘Forms’.