Always here to listen and help.
SVCOA’s Options Counseling service helps individuals 60 and older and their families explore and plan for long-term services and support, including exploring formal and informal services to support individuals with remaining in the setting of their choice. SVCOA’s Option Counselors utilize person-centered planning tools to assist individuals in developing a personalized plan to accomplish their goals. They also work to connect clients with the services they choose.
Your Options Counselor can:
- Work with you to identify your needs and preferences for assistance
- Provide you with information and options for your current or future care needs
- Help you to develop a plan as you explore options and consider the benefits and limitations of each choice
- Make referrals to services you choose, and when needed, connect you with a Case Manager who can provide ongoing support and follow-up
- Help families and caregivers understand the range of care settings, services, and support programs
- Facilitate family conversations about ongoing and future care needs
For more information about SVCOA Options Counseling, call the SVCOA HelpLine at 1-800-642- 5119.