Caring for your neighbors, a Vermont tradition.
Central to several of the programs and services that SVCOA offers are the agency’s many dedicated volunteers. SVCOA relies on a team of hard-working and knowledgeable volunteers to help the agency with a wide variety of tasks, all of which work to support older Vermonters in our service area. Although unpaid, SVCOA’s volunteers are invaluable to the agency, and more importantly to those it serves.
Through it's volunteer program the agency regularly provides the following assistance:
- Home maintenance and modification assistance
- S.H.I.P. (health insurance counseling)
- Meal delivery drivers for Meals on wheels
- Grocery shopping assistance
- Money Management Program volunteers
- Event (group project) volunteering
- Case management assistance
- Office / internship assistance
- Friendly visitor and friendly phone call programs
For Prospective Volunteers
To receive volunteer services, or sign up to become a volunteer with SVCOA, please contact the SVCOA HelpLine at 1-800-642-5119.
The HelpLine is a toll-free, confidential service that provides older Vermonters, caregivers and others with information, referrals and assistance toward accessing local, state or national resources and services.